Friday, August 21, 2009

Consulting the Blood Doc - Part 2


When I called the Blood Doc, he was great. He spent about an hour and a half, talking to me about nutrition, and the types of vitamins and supplements that I take. He felt that I was taking the right kinds of stuff, just not the best stuff. It turns out that the FDA does not regulate vitamins and supplements. He suggested that I switch to some stuff that was produced by a pharmaceutical grade lab. He suggested some specific products, from both Xtreme Couture Athletic Pharmaceuticals (XCAP) and Biotics Research.

Here is what I've decided to try:

From XCAP -
  • Max EFA's - 2 per meal - To replace the Fish Oil I'm currently taking
  • Vita D - I drop per day - To increase my Vitamin D
  • Whey Isolate - 2 scoops - Protein
  • 4 Ever Greens - 1 Scoop - Helps balance ph and adds anti-oxidant
From Biotics Research
  • Iodizyme-HP - 1 per day - For prostate health
  • Aqueous Iron Plus - To replace Flinsotones Vitamins
  • L-Glutamine Powder - 1/3 scoop - An amino acid to aid in recovery - This will also replace the L-Glutamine pills that I am currently taking.
  • Phosphatidyserine - 3 at dinner - To aid in cell rejuvenation and recovery.
  • Osteo B II - 2 per meal - Replaces both Super B complex and Calcium I'm currently taking
The plan is to combine the Whey Isolate, the 4 Ever Greens, and the L-Glutamine Powder into a power drink by mixing it with 20 ounces of cold water. I will drink this power drink within 30 minutes of my workout. The Blood Doc says this will greatly aid in recovery from my workouts.

The Blood Doc also suggested that I have my Testosterone and Magnesium levels checked, so I made an appointment to see my Endicrinologist. I reviewed with her the program I wanted to start. She agreed but stressed that I don't take any Human Growth Hormones (HGH). She then ordered the tests to have my levels checked. Once I get the results, I'll have a good baseline to start my new program.

In a couple of days, I'll post an update on how I'm doing with the new stuff. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers